Friday 30 September 2011

I want to tell my story

Every person who I have told me story to who are close friends or my family about what is happening to me in the family court today does not believe me. You may think that the gag order of section 121 of the family law act is preventing you from talking and it is. Even if you could talk no one would believe that this is happening in the 21 century. Don't believe me??? Try it, pick one good friend who you trust with your life and who wont run to your ex to speak with (this could be family) and tell them how you were treated in family court because you are a woman and a mother and you will see how they react.

I have spoken with friends and family of mine both male and female and the typical response is "I just don't believe that that's happening, your ex has not been around for 7 years there is no way the court would give him rights he has done nothing" and another from a male friend of mine who had his mother go through the court system for her grand children, "I don't understand how this is going on like this, it doesn't make sense what have they got on you???? What are you doing wrong???" The answer??? I am a woman, I am a mother who proved I could do it on my own and now the father wants to be a dad we are going to punish you for being able to cope without a man, we are going to punish your child for being able to more then survivor without a father.

I hear all the time from people "if they just hear my story they will see I shouldn't be in court". :If only people knew what was happening things would change". The fact is people don't want to believe that these days women are still not treated as equal. People do not want to hear the fact that domestic violence is real unless it has happened to them. People do not want to know what is going on in the family court system so that way they can plead ignorance with everything finally blows up and someone exposes the corruption which is happening daily behind the closed door of the family court and behind the closed doors or "expert court workers". The reality is until someone in power witnesses first hand the devastating truth of the corruption and discrimination against women especially, women who have experienced domestic violence, no one will listen. No one wants to listen and no one is allowed to speak.

Do you think that today tonight would pick up a story about how mothers are having their children stolen from them??? Nope not if it is being heard in the family court. Why??? Because us mothers are not allowed to speak. How many fathers have you seen crying poor me, my child was taken from me to the media??? Do you get to hear why the child was taken??? Do you get to hear from the children and from the mother??? Nope she is not allowed to speak. How many media personalities have supported fathers without knowing the reason behind why a child is not spending time with dear old dad or why the mother has done a runner??? I can name a few. Do you think these same people would support a woman??? Nope which media personality has gotten on board to support Melinda Stratton who took her child out of the country to protect him???? I can't name one can you????

SO why are men allowed to speak up about how they are getting a raw deal in the family court system and women are just suppose to keep quiet??? Discrimination. You see mums don't have penises so what they have to say doesn't matter. Women are like children, they need to be seen and not heard. This is not my opinion this is how the world and the family court see it. Yes it needs to change but with the gag order and the reluctance of the media to tell the truth who is going to be the voice of reason??????

No comments:

Post a Comment